Thursday, May 5, 2011

Meet Matthew Kaplan!

I would love to feature the editor of FaveDiets right now. He passed a long a recipe that was so good, I had to bring it back for everyone to try themselves!

Here is a bio for FaveDiets.com

"Welcome to FaveDiets.com! We have hundreds of quick healthy recipes, diets, fitness tips and more! We want to teach you how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, so we are giving you all the tools you need to create a healthier you. We have information about every kind of diet, from 7-day diets to meal based plans. Of course the best diet is simply to eat well. We know that you will enjoy the quick and easy meals at FaveDiets."~Matthew Kaplan; Editor of FaveDiets.com. Let's meet him!


"The child of displaced Bostonians in the fertile heartland of America, my food tastes and interests have always been wide and varied. Growing up watching a myriad of cooking shows, and anxiously awaiting the delicious concoctions my family would create in the kitchen and on the grill, I have always had a love of good food and tasty meals. Some of my favorite ingredients to cook with are garam masala, kale, butternut squash and fresh garlic. I also make a mean mustard salad dressing and my refrigerator pickles have been described as "otherworldy."

I pride myself on being quite the adventurous eater. I have dined on venison with hunters, snacked on fried cricket, cooked soup with freegans and licked ants in the Australian rainforest. These days, I am living in Chicago, tending to an indoor herb garden and cooking up big batches of rice and beans, chili and curry. I have a deep passion for fresh food and good cooking, and I hope to share my love and expertise of tasty healthy cooking on FaveDiets.com!"

So I'm thrilled to share this fabulous recipe from Matthew with everyone, and you can find several more tasty recipes just like this at FaveDiets.com!

Make healthy baked potato, sweet potato and parsnip wedges instead of fries or other fattening potato side. Add your favorite seasonings before baking.

Serves: 6
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min

Ingredients
2 potatoes
1 large sweet potato
2 parsnips
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
ground black pepper

Instructions
Preheat oven to 390 degrees F. Scrub and cut vegetables into wedges (peel if you want to). 

Place into baking dish. Add oil and toss well and sprinkle with seasoning. 

Bake at 390 degrees F for 20 - 30 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Turn once during cooking.

Thanks again to Matthew, the editor of FaveDiets.com for sharing this great recipe!

No comments: