Thursday, August 2, 2012

National Ice Cream Sandwich Day! Did you Celebrate?

How did you celebrate National Ice Cream Sandwich Day? After seeing so many people mixing it up and creating their own ice cream sandwich, I did not want to just go buy a box of them. Instead, I ran out to the store and bought two cookies mixes and two tubs of ice cream. Usually I would make my own cookies from scratch...but wanted to do something easy and quick. Plus, with my two and my nephew staring at me, they had to be made fast.



So of course the peanut butter and the double chocolate chip cookies had to be prepared and baked. Then we had to let them cool of course, which is always the hardest part for the little ones. The peanut butter cookies looked much better than the double chocolate, but in the end it is all about the taste!



Now to the best part! The kids got to enjoy party cake ice cream and I chose vanilla frozen yogurt. The end result, delicious!



Would you choose the chocolate or the peanut butter?




So start baking and enjoy!

No comments: