Saturday, June 30, 2012

Myrtle Beach!!!

It's that time of year again! Yes, my sister and her family and my family go to Myrtle Beach!!!! Sorry, still very excited and cannot believe it has only been one day. Yes, there are only 4 adults and 6 children, but with all the excitement from each child and all the questions that come with that excitement.....well you can imagine. As a parent though, you know that you were once that excited when you realized you were headed to the beach for your vacation so what else is there to do then smile.


Let's take it back for a second. Our vacation started off with us packing and cleaning the house the day before. Everything was going well. I was working, cleaning the house and packing. Not sure if anyone else is like me, but I HAVE to come back to a clean house. Plus, we are having my daughter's birthday the day after we get back. Make a long story short...I'm packing a last few things and the power keeps going off...and on...off....and on. The storm was horrible, and then it happened. The power was off for good. Even though my husband and kids fell asleep, I could not. 


Now if you know me well, you know that I do not pump the air conditioner, however, this heat was horrible! So after the storm finally died down, I opened a window, but the excitement of the beach kept me awake. "Beep, beep" It was 4am and my husband and I jumped up, got dressed (in the dark, still no power) and woke the kids up and out the door. (There were so many people without power, and I no even at this time there are still so many people without power. I hope everyone is doing well.)


So leaving at 4:30am really was awesome because we did not hit any traffic at all. Yes, we may have had to wait until the very end to get the keys to the house, but the kids did love jumping in the ocean in all of their clothes. Were there people looking at us? Probably.....possibly thinking to themselves, "Do they have swimsuits?" When your car is still packed up though and you have no idea where a certain item is.....it is just so much easier to go as is. 


Now there is so much more to my day. We went out to eat, could not make it to Costco in time and had to stop at CVS for a few odds and ends. How was our day though? I loved it. I have to say thanks to my husband for driving the entire 8 hours, and I have to say thanks to my sister and her family for renting the house with us. The first day was a blast and we have so much planned for the entire week. I promise there will be pictures to come! 

No comments: