Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Making Me Smile

My kids always know how to make me smile. After a day of work, and going to the doctors (which is never fun) my five-year old daughter and three-year old son know how to make me smile and laugh. For one, Camden seemed to be regressing today. Have any of your little ones done this? It is not really a phase, it is a "I'm a baby today" kind of thing. Somehow, he found one pull-up, and I thought I rid the house of all of them. I was at the doctor's and he says," See mommy, I'm a baby, waaaa..." All I could do was laugh. He has a ton of personality and loves role playing, and he does a great job at it.




My daughter came up to me today, and I have a few pictures that are sitting on my desk that I need to hang on the wall. The one on top was of my husband and I that my mother took, and if I remember correctly, we were at the Fourth of July a few years ago. She takes one look at the picture, and starts crying hysterically, saying, "I missed you! I missed you! I wasn't there!!" I stared at her amazed....."Honey, you were there, you just were not in that picture, but we took several of you that day." She looks up at me with her big brown eyes and says, "I love you mommy." All I could do was smile.



5 comments:

sara said...

Awwww....so cute!!

Unknown said...

I am here from the weekend hop and this post is adorable!!! gotta love the littles and how they can make us smile!!!! :)

Lisa Weidknecht said...

Thanks for joining the Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop! I'm a new follower.

Unknown said...

How sweet! I love his personality, and she seems very sweet, like my little Kate! I bet she tells me she loves me at least 10 times a day, and I love it! Visiting and following via Planet W Weekend Hop...hop over to my blog and follow back if you like!
http://mom4realky.blogspot.com

Jessica K

Chic Style Modern said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I will be sure to follow you back :) Yes, Madison is going through "I miss you" phase now, it is adorable, everything she misses.