How many of you like to cook with Zatarain's? In my house it is very frequent. We LOVE the flavors of the New Orleans style cuisine, and love how we can get the recipes of great tasting dishes right from their website.
Zatarain's was kind enough to share with us some of their favorite dishes. They are very easy to make and you will get a ton of compliments from your family members and dinner guests.
One is The Big Easy Jambalaya.
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 each medium green and yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) fire roasted or regular diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Reduced Sodium Jambalaya Mix
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (12 ounces) andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
2. Stir in tomatoes, water and Jambalaya Mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Stir in shrimp and sausage. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink and rice and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Like to spice things up in your kitchen? Then try Zatarain's Spicy Red Beans and Rice! Spicy food is always loved in our household, and we always make sure it is in stock.
Here are some pictures of a meal that my husband created on his own. Zatarain's recipes are delicious, but every now and then my husband loves to create something different, and he loved using the Zatarain's ingredients. We used the Zatarain's Reduced Sodium Jambalaya Mix, and it was delicious, and looked very pretty as well! Add some chicken, sausage, bell peppers and onion....mmmmmm, it was a great meal!