Florence Welch (ofFlorence + the Machine) stunned on both the stage and red carpet at theLACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala.
Donned in a cobalt blue Gucci gown with plunging neckline,Florence and her hair stylistNikki Providence opted for a look with a boho-chic vibe. Please see below for Nikki’s step-by-step guide to achieving this look!
1) Begin with clean, damp hair.
2) Spray theDavines Defining Texturizer at the roots and the MELU Shield on the length of the hair. The Texturizer provides hold and volume, while the MELU Shield protects the hair from damage caused by styling tools.
3) Blow dry the hair using a round brush.
4) Apply a couple of pups of the Davines OI/OIL on the ends of the hair. This will condition the hair and protect it while in braids and add shine without heavy greasiness. Plus, it leaves the hair smelling incredible!
5) Divide the hair into two sections and braid each side, beginning just above the ear.
6) Wrap each braid across the top of the head and secure with pins.
For added glam, you can incorporate a couple of necklaces and pin them into the hair, asFlorence did.