Saturday, February 18, 2012

DIY Countertop Project

We have been working on our countertops and they are finished! For now....I'm only showing you a couple pictures of the "before." Buying countertops can be one of projects that can change the look of your kitchen. If you are looking for a seamless design you can go with granite. There are many options but my husband and I decided to go with something more affordable. Plus, I have been seeing tile countertops in so many shows.....how could I resist!




We already had a white tile back splash with white grout. We decided to take the white tile down as our countertops and after that we did the grout. However, after looking at several grout colors we changed our minds. Since our cabinets are all white, we decided to use Delorean Gray and even changed the back splash grout color as well. It really makes the tile pop!




So for now here a a few before pictures. It is not pretty when ripping out the old ones, and believe me, my husband was not a fan of it. Taking off the old countertops meant a few holes in the drywall which meant patching the holes. Projects always lead into more!!!





I will share pictures of the finished project very soon! Have you done your own countertops recently?

No comments: