We were thrilled when we found out that we were able to review a backpack from Lands' End. They have a variety of styles and colors for your little ones, and you can get their names monogrammed on the backpack, so of course we had her first name put on there. Never having to buy a backpack before, I really did not know the size that I should select. Did I really want to get one that she would grow out of after the first year? On the other hand I did not want to get one that was way too big for her. So I compromised, I did go a bit bigger.
The side pockets are also very handy so if they have to put anything in their for quick access to. On the other side she hung a little key chain for some extra flare because her friends next door started the trend. This was her first day and she was so excited!
Lands' End has four sizes that can fit your child as they grow. We chose the Solid Featherlight 200 Backpack. This backpack comes in aqua sea, wild violet, or soft begonia which Madison loved the best.
Here is a description of the backpack from Lands' End; Lighten their school load.
- Tough 420-denier ripstop nylon with 600-denier polyester base for added strength
- Two compartments for hauling most of their gear with a zippered exterior pocket for extras
- 17"Hx12"Wx7"D (1428 cu. in.)
- Removable organizer pouch keeps school supplies contained
- Padded c-shaped shoulder straps and back panel for comfort
- Sternum strap keeps shoulder straps in place
- Mesh side pockets hold water bottles
- 360° reflective trim helps keep kids visible
- Webbing loop lets them clip on a lunch box
- Cell phone/MP3 player pocket on one shoulder strap keeps either handy
- Unpacked weight: 1.19 lbs.
She loves the sternum strap in the front because it makes her straps stay put on her shoulders. It is easy to use, looks great, and your little one will love it! Have you bought your backpack yet for your child? If you have it is not too late to return it and get one that will last. Lands' End backpacks are durable and high quality so it can be there day after day with your child and hold their artwork and other homework that they bring home on a daily basis.
Remember, right now you can take advantage of great sale prices at Lands' End. So if you like to think ahead, take advantage of their low prices and plan ahead for next year and get your little one a backpack now.