Lindsay Olives Awards Winners for “Love This Recipe” Contest
More than $3,000 Awarded for Standout Recipe Submissions
Lindsay Olives had two phases of the contest: Phase one allowed early access to the contest to bloggers who, in turn, would share contest details with their readers. The second phase opened the contest to all members of the public.
Lindsay’s Recipe contest accepted submissions in six categories and participants were allowed to enter up to one recipe per category in the following categories: appetizer, side dish, main course, snack, meal on a budget of $10 or less and only 5 items or less in the meal! That definitely threw in a challange!
“We were really excited with the number of submissions and the way participants engaged with us using social media,” said Jennifer Fuchs, consumer marketing manager at Lindsay Olives. “The quality of these recipes was impressive and it’s been fun seeing how people thought of using olives in new ways.”
The winning recipes are as follows:
- · Grand Prize (received $1,000 cash) – Blue Cheese & Olive Stuffed Chicken by Jennifer Richmond (Kitchy Cooking blogger)
- First Place Winners (each received $250 cash)
- Fresh Summer Mozzarella Salad by Donna Haddad
- Marinated Olives with Goat Cheese & Fresh Herbs by Jessie Grearson
- Moroccan Couscous with Olives & Dates by Michael Cohen
- Olive the Egg Salad by Don Hastie
- Olives Sautéed with Garlic and Herbs by Roberta Drell
- Turkey Italiano Olive Pesto Pizza by Jeanette Nelson
- Second Place Winners (each received $100 cash)
- Baked Potato Skins with Olives and Feta by Julia Baurain (Roots of Simplicity blogger)
- Tricolor Risotto with Spinach, Olives and Tomatoes, also by Julia Baurain
- Greek Salad Sandwiches by Patterson Watkins
- Marvelous Muffuletta Appetizer Pizza Squares by Jeanette Nelson
- Mediterranean Green Olive Bruschetta by Laura Love
- Mediterranean Pork Tenderloin with Olives, Feta, Mint & Onion by Jamie Brown-Miller (It’s All About the Garnish blogger)
“I'm so excited, and I can't thank Lindsay enough,” said grand prize winner Jennifer Richmond, author of Kitchy Cooking. “I came up with the recipe while I was at the grocery store shopping for dinner. I saw the Lindsay Olives and some blue cheese, so I started thinking about what would go well with them besides a dirty martini. I decided on chicken and sampled it with the family – we all enjoyed it, so I decided to take a chance and send it in.”
Winning entries were selected using the criteria of creativity, ease and taste appeal. Entrants were also asked to engage with social media as part of their entry. They blogged, tweeted or posted something on Facebook about the contest.
For a full list of the winning recipes and categories, please visit www.LindsayOlives.com/contest. Lindsay Olives is also on Facebook at facebook.com/lindsayolives or Twitter at twitter.com/lindsayolives.