Inspired by the retro, feminine look of Rose Byrne's gown, John Frieda International Creative Consultant Harry Josh created a modern take on the classic wave by keeping them controlled, glossy and flat to the head.
Step 1 – Prep
· Josh applied a few pumps of the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Thermal Protection Formula Hair Serum ($9.99 at drugstores) through wet hair and blow dried using a large, round bristle brush. "The key to this look is a flawless blowout," said Josh. " Her waves need to be completely controlled and any hint of frizz would disrupt the style."
- After sectioning off the hair, Josh wrapped each section around a small curling iron and then carefully brushed it out.
Step 3 – Perfect
- Josh finished off the look by applying a sheer coat of John Frieda Frizz-Ease 100% Shine ($5.99 at drugstores) to ensure that her waves glistened when the light from the flash bulbs hit on
Celebrity hairstylist Clyde Haygood gave Naya Rivera a statement-making red carpet look for tonight’s SAG Awards: with dramatic and glamorous long waves, Rivera looked like a modern day Veronica Lake. Below please find the steps he took to create her sleek and classic look, using products from John Frieda.
Step 1 – Prep
- Clyde applied Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula ($8.99 at drugstores) to Naya’s wet hair before blow-drying. “We wanted defined waves, and this serum blocks out frizz and gives you sleek results.”
Step 2 – Style
- Next, Clyde used a curling iron with a 1 ½ inch barrel to begin curling hair section by section, pinning each curl with a duckbill clip and spraying Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray (5.99 at drugstores) to set.